Jun 30, 2003

15 films and 7 books. That's the tally for 30 days in June. I didn't plan on being a little too prolific this month, but it has somehow just happened. Following the lead of Samrat, I keep a log of these books and movies, and I was trying to check if I had been guilty of reckless spending of time. I could only identify two movies that had been unnecessary, the rest I had wanted to see for a while. Same for the books, that's just the way the laddoo crumbled (quoting from my last read The Great Indian Novel by Shashi Tharoor). Not that I had a lot of time on my hands, but time just contrived itself to present such opportunities that I couldn't refuse. I will have to take it a little easy the coming month, because I don't want to overdo it and lose the taste and urge for them. I also feel I've lost a little touch with reality, by being immersed upto my head with these entertaining pursuits. Time to step back and take a quick look around.

No comments: