Jul 22, 2018

Pencil, pen, keyboard

Pencil, pen, keyboard- I always felt I am very inefficient at using them. After my 12th, I learned to type, even passing a 40 wpm exam. However, the standard PC keyboard's arrangement is different from the typewriter (the layers are flatter) and hence I was never able to translate that learning into the digital domain. I am a two-three finger touch typist now but obviously could do better.

Same with pens - my handwriting varies with the nature of the pen, paper, and I suspect, even purpose of writing.

I have recently found myself using pencils a lot more than I used to. (We have purchased so many pencils for CTQ and Thinq2win that the house, bag, and notebooks are infested by them). I think my ineffectiveness with pencils is the least worrisome. It is like humming a tune poorly or dressing badly. Done in the safety of the house,  you have nothing to prove and nothing to be ashamed of.

No comments: