Dum' ChumsSince I'm in no benevolent mood right now, let me spew some venom at Hum Tum (don't worry, I didn't pay for it):
* Ok, it really is no When Harry Met Sally (as if I'd deluded myself that in the first place), but it is *so not* WHMS. The good thing about WHMS was the generalizations about the sexes were the personal theories of only the Crystal and Ryan characters. When Dumb Chum does the same, it comes off as if almost everyone believes that life was strictly binary. At least it seemed to me that way. Maybe I'm just biased.
* Ishaa Koppikar should consider a turn as an unintentional comedienne if many more of her films are banned and panned. She can't play drunks (not can Saif Ali Khan as he was soon to display) and she's the most unpious bride-on-wedding-day I've ever seen (not even Uma Thurman dressed like that in Kill Bill)
* Abhishek Bachchan seems to have inherited the wonderful ability of pulling off the most trite of dialogues from daddy dear. Give him more decent roles please. Rishi Kapoor actually acted! (helped by a great in-joke in the dialogues). Well done sir.
* I'm glad I wouldn't have paid for that film (the only blemish on my record is LOC).
* I'm glad this is a hit, so that we can stop the charade that the audience tastes on the whole have changed or that they can differentiate.
* What awful BGMs! But one great scene involving the main guys. Ok, we know you would get together. It wasn't a state secret. Too many typos in the film. Best part: it's only about 2 hours long. Hooray!