How many rules must a rider break...Thought experiment: how many Indian traffic rules can be simultaneously broken using a two-wheeler situation? (The violations must be obvious, which rules out mundane things like not carrying a licence or pollution control certificate. Assumptions allowed: helmets are mandatory).
The best I could come up with were:
A two-wheeler (without side-cars :-)):
1. More than one (adult) pillion-rider
2. Rider has no helmet
3. Driving on the wrong side of the road
4. Without lights at night
5. Honking in a silent zone
6. Vehicle has no registration plate
7. Rider is talking on cellphone (is this an offence?)
8. At the instant of observation, riding through a red signal (it's not late enough for them to switch off the traffic lights ;-))
Can't do better than that.
(btw, it's not all that far-fetched. I have seen a simultaneous breaking of about 4 quite regularly)